Posts Tagged “Hongkong job market”
- Tips to landing a job in Hong Kong
- Easy steps to finding a job in Hong Kong
- How to get a job in Hong Kong
The city of Hong Kong is a remarkable city to begin your job career. The incentives attached to it are an excellent salary package and a flat levy rate. To get employment in the city, however, requires time and perseverance.
Below are some tips to help you land that job of your dreams:
- Be aware of your position: before going to the city of Hong Kong, know what it is you are magnificent at. A city is a place where finance, banking, and real estate thrives.
- Search for jobs before landing: This would enable you to know what to do and how to plan your movement in the city. Scout for online advertisements and submit your applications.
- Inquire if your present job has a branch in the city: you can quickly land a job in the town if you go through your current situation and figure out if they have a branch in the city. If they do, then you can just put in a transfer to move to the city.
- Obtain a visitor permit and scout for opportunities in the city: This probably is not advisable, but a few foreign workers have tried their luck, and it has worked for them. You can stay in the city for up to three months on a visitor’s permit. That should be enough time to land that job, yeah?
- Contact hiring companies: make sure you communicate with the branches of any established hiring company with an office in the city. It is important as they can put you through the steps required to get that job.
- Make your CV into an acceptable format: every nation has its unique style when it comes to applying for a job. For instance, in the city, most hiring firms would require that you state your normal wage for the desired position.
- Become conversant with Cantonese or Mandarin: It is a tedious process to look for employment, but take your time to learn the indigenous language of the people of the land.
- What if you are in the city? Well, if you already are in the town with a permit, get going with online job linkers and find that dream job of yours now!
- Don’t be scared to freelance: to stay relevant and not die of frustration, you should consider freelancing for a while.
- Flexible working hours for women drivers
- Uber targets 1,000,000 female drivers by 2020
- Why Uber is best company to work now
The branch of Uber taxicabs in Hong Kong is advocating for the International Women’s day.
The tag for this year’s women’s day celebration is Be Bold for change.
The company is looking to bolster its staff of female drivers to around 2,000 by the end of the year. The firm also stated that it currently has more than a thousand female drivers on its payroll since it began business in Hong Kong in 2014. “Today, we celebrate all feminine drivers working with our prestigious company in Hong Kong. Our company gives female drivers supple working hours to earn a living so they can concentrate on other aspects of their lives,” the general manager of the firm stated.
The vision driving the branch in Hong Kong is part of a universal plan of Uber to have more than a million female drivers partner with the company by the year 2020.
The supple working hours put forward by Uber has given women viable opportunities for employment.
An example is Casey Lee who is a mother of two kids began working for Uber in October. The supple working hours has let her take up other things like teaching and enabled her to focus on her family too.
Later at night, her spouse makes use of the car to also work for Uber. She makes roughly HK$5,000 monthly.
Other women have taken up jobs at the firm too and have found the supple working time to suit them just right.